Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Ghost And The Goth by Stacey Kade

Released: June 29th 2011
Publisher: Hyperion 
Page: 281
Overall: 4.5/5


After a close encounter with the front end of a school bus, Alona Dare goes from Homecoming Queen to Queen of the Dead. Now she’s stuck here in spirit form with no sign of the big, bright light coming to take her away. To make matters worse, the only person who might be able to help her is Will Killian, a total loser/outcast type who hates the social elite. He alone can see and hear her, but he wants nothing to do with the former mean girl of Groundsboro High.
Can they get over their mutual distrust—and this weird attraction between them—to work together before Alona vanishes for good and Will is locked up for seeing things that don’t exist

I absolutely LOVED this book! After reading so many in depth books I needed something cute and fluffy; The Ghost And The Goth was perfect! It was a super cute and fun read which I totally enjoyed. I loved the way Kade wrote, it was fantastic and super quick to read. The chapters kept switching from Alona's POV to Will's POV which I thought was nice because you got to learn both of their emotions and inner thoughts. Both of the main characters were sympathetic and likable even though Alona was the straight up bitch in the beginning. One thing I really liked about this book was that the character were really relatable and had the average teen problems (in the beginning).  
There romance in this book was kept low which I thought was refreshing; having to read so many "love at first sight: kind of books get on my nerves sometimes. I enjoyed that they first explored each other before giving in to trust them. I hope that their relationship grows in the sequel which is Queen Of The Dead.
Heavier issues are explored in this book which gave it some depth but also kept it light. Throughout the book I never felt depressed or sad but instead I was enjoying it very much. Stacey Kade managed to maintain and sweet and fluffy tone to this novel even if there was something bad happening.
Overall this was a quick and really fun read I HIGHLY recommend this to everyone and I can't WAIT for the sequel!  

5 comments:

  1. Sounds cool, I saw this in the bookstore a couple of times.
    Might pick it up soon.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too, it was soo cute, I love Alona she sooo cool!
    I can't wait for the sequel either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of this book until now, it sounds like a fun read thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your welcome. You should definitely read this book soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun read.
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete