Friday, November 18, 2011

Amplified by Tara Kelly

Released: October 25th, 2011
Pages: 304
Publisher: Henry Holt & Co.
Rating: 4/5

When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it. . .

I loved this book so, so much. The whole aspect of it was so different and unique, I couldn't help but fall in love with it. I love music and that this book is based on music is even better.

The story starts off with Jasmine Kiss a wealthy girl from Woodside. After telling her father that she doesn't want to attend college, she leaves and goes to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. After living in the real world for sometime, she realizes things aren't what she thought they would be. She then meets Veta and Sean, siblings in a band called C-side and as they're friendship grow's things start to look and feel brighter. 

All the character's in this novel are so well developed, they're all flawed and have problems. I enjoyed Jasmine's character, she's trying so hard to pursue her life dream and is dealing with family problems too. She's a very inspiring protagonist and I think many readers will be able to relate to her. I also loved all the character's in C-side, they all mesh together so well; dealing with things all interconnected. 

And oh yes, Sean. Sean was  my favorite character, he's so perfect but so imperfect at the same time! I really enjoyed watching his and Jasmine's relationship grow. It's not meant to be and it's not perfect making it so real; I just loved it.

The ending of this story made me crave for more. A completely moving story.

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds great, I'll be picking it up as soon as I can, thanks for the review Areej.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, I just ordered this book and can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete